Chalk Box Gymnastics & Fitness
5521 Main Ave
Ashtabula OH 44004
Welcome to Chalk Box Gymnastics & Fitness!
We offer gymnastics classes for children starting at the age of 16 months, up to 18 years old, fitness classes for anyone jr. high school age & up, and Tae Kwon Do classes for children and adults. The Chalk Box started in 1980 and our goal has always been dedicated to not only teaching fitness and skills, but to helping improve coordination and self esteem, while maintaining good family values. We take pride in being a family orientated business. We have a Pro Shop where you can purchase leo's, grips, and other items for the gymnast in your family. Please click on the tabs above and explore all the programs we have to offer at Chalk Box Gymnastics & Fitness.
Team pictures are going to be taken on Saturday, March 11th.
Times are as follows
If you are unable to attend, please let us know so we do not plan on you being there.
The girls need to wear their team leo only. Their hair should be pulled back as if they are at a competition. The boys need to wear their jersey, long pants, and black socks. The photographer has a new background for individual pictures this year that sounds nice, so hope to see you all there.
NEW STARTING MARCH 13TH
FRIDAY EVENING "OPEN WORKOUTS"!!!!
Starting Friday March 13th, and continuing every other Friday (March 13th & 27th, April 10th & 24th, May 8th) until summer session, The Chalk Box will be offering Friday Evening "Open Workouts" from 5pm-7pm for anyone in 1st grade or above.
These "Open Workouts" are similar to our "Holiday Gym" with a few exceptions. The "Open Workouts" are just that, open. Your gymnast can bring a friend to join them and workout. Our staff will be on hand for supervision, control and light spotting. The cost is $5 per night, and covers both hours. These CANNOT be used as make-up times. Requirements are as follows.
1) Every child attending MUST have on file a waiver of liability signed by a parent or guardian on file. (Class kids should already have one on file.) This means that any outside guest must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the beginning of their first visit.
2) Our $30 registration fee MUST be paid by each and every child in attendance (helps cover liability insurance). Chalk Box kids should have this paid already and their guest will need to pay this before participating their first time. This fee will cover 1 year, the same as Chalk Box kids.
3) The $5 fee is for each child in attendance, whether you are a Chalk Box kid or not, and must be paid each time you participate.
4) ALL GYM RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED! Any continued disregard for The Chalk Box safety rules will result in refusal to allow participation.
We are doing this on a trial basis until May 8th
Spring Break Week March 29th-April 4th
Fitness Classes will be held all week as usual.
There will be no Tae Kwon Do Class on Saturday April 4th.
There will be no regular gymnastic classes or regular team practices.
We will be offering "Holiday Gym".
Monday March 30th
Tuesday March 31st
Wednesday April 1st
1) Only children enrolled in grade school classes and above, including team kids, may attend. Sorry, no preschool, kindergarten, or run and tumble are allowed to attend.
2) Pre-sign up is required. Sign up sheets are posted on the playroom bulletin board. This will allow us to have adequate staff on hand.
3) Team Members are welcome to use this as an open workout. They must also be pre-registered so we have staff on hand.
4) Cost is $5.00 per hour. You may leave your child for the full 2 hours ($10), or only part of the time and pay accordingly. (Sorry, no family discounts)
5) These are NOT organized class times and not run as classes. They are also NOT a regular class nor is it play time. Staff will be on hand for supervision, control and light spotting. Class kids and team kids can workout together.
6) Pickup must NOT be later than specified. After the specified time you will be charged $5 for every 15 minutes.
The AAU Gym Stars League Championship
Championships for optionals were on January 31st at Gymnastics of Ohio in Uniontown. Our Silver and Platinum teams won 1st place. Our Gold team won 3rd place. The Level 2&3 Championships were held February 6th-8th. The Level 2 Team won 1st place and Level 3 won 4th place.
Congratulations to everyone for great championships! We are proud of all of you!
AAU winter Invitational
The Winter Invitational was February 13th-15th at the Niles Wellness Center. Level 2 team finished 3rd place, Level 3 finished 4th place, Silver Team finished 3rd, and the Platinum Team Finished 3rd place. Great job everyone! For everyone who attended, we hope you have thawed out by now.
Be sure to check out our
NEW Facebook Page!